How to crochet a solid Granny Square


I guess we all love the look of Granny Squares, they are also fast to make and very versatile. 
 
In this tutorial I am sharing how to crochet a solid Granny Square without any holes. 
 
This design is super beautiful and easy to make. You can make them with one color or multiple of different colors.  You can use this pattern to make one solid blanket or to make many and join them later. I love to use this pattern as a bottom of my bags or baskets so nothings is going to fall of them.
 
Written Pattern
 
You can start or with a chain and slip stitch to make a ring. Or simply make a magic ring which I prefer since there would be no hole in the middle. 

1 Row Start with chain3, 3dc, (1tr, 3 dc)*3, sl st in chain 3


2 Row (and like that crochet each row until you get the size you want)
(Chain 3, 2dc, into the same stitch where you slip stitch), (3dc, ( 2dc, 1tr, 2 dc into the treble stitch of the previous row))*3, 2 dc,  sl st into chain of 3



Here the video Tutorial:



Comments

  1. Hi I followed video and now just read the pattern too but the starting corner is shortened more than rest of square. I double checked and did everything you did. Wondering if it's normal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Super Easy Crochet Net Bag. Market /Beach Bag for Beginners.

How to Crochet Bucket Hat .Or how I transform my Bag into a Hat.