How I got into the world of crochet. #Сrocheterpromo



P.S. Please contact us if you want to share your crochet journey with us.




I very much fell into the world of crochet and it was honestly the best thing to ever happen. 

I lost my nan January 2020 and 3 days prior to her death my sister told me she was pregnant with her first baby. My nan had made me a blanket when I was born which was a big comfort to me growing up and I still have it to this day, 26 years later. She had also taught me to knit as a child and so I decided I was going to knit the baby a blanket in homage to her. 
 

I had never made anything more than practice rows of a scarf so I decided I was going to do squares for a patchwork blanket. I then learned the best way to add the squares together was to crochet them. Then with a gifted hook from a friend and a YouTube I figured how to crochet the squares together and even managed to crochet his initials to the corner.
 

Once I had that moment of 'I've actually made this', I felt so inspired to learn crochet as I saw how many exciting stitches there were. So l bought a set of hooks and a set of 50g balls of yarn from amazon and learnt all sorts of stitches from cluster, crunch, V stitch and arcade stitch. From there there was no looking back, I started with blankets then tried a teddy bear which I stuffed with a cut up t shirt as I was convinced I wouldn't be able to do it and didn't commit to stuffing. Now I look back at my portfolio and I've made various amigurumi, wearable items and I've started making my own designs! 
 
Very excited for my crocheting future, I'm hoping to buy a house this year and have plans of all the crochet touches I'm going to make. I'm even considering crocheting my wedding bouquet and other wedding touches!


Comments

Popular Posts

How to crochet a solid Granny Square

Super Easy Crochet Net Bag. Market /Beach Bag for Beginners.

How to Crochet Bucket Hat .Or how I transform my Bag into a Hat.