How to hold a crochet hook correctly

Crocheters are constantly arguing about how to hold the hook correctly.  I think those who hold the hook like a knife have heard repeatedly: “How do you even crochet?  This is wrong and inconvenient!  And in general, your stitches will be crooked! " So I decided to try and crochet holding like a pen.
Holding like a pen

Holding like a knife

 I realised that both ways are absolutely possible for me but now holding as 0 knife is more natural for me even if it can be wrong for so many people. I really think that it's not important how to hold a hook, the main thing the process itself must bring you pleasure. And if you like the creations you make, what else is important?
For my own curiosity I did a survey on Instagram stories to see how many people hold like a pen and how many hold like a knife. The result is photo below 
As we can see 56 people hold as a pen, against 50 hold as a knife. It proves again that both ways are absolutely 💯 fine. If you are a beginner, you should try both ways and see what way is the easiest for you. 

Comments

Popular Posts

How to crochet a solid Granny Square

Super Easy Crochet Net Bag. Market /Beach Bag for Beginners.

How to Crochet Bucket Hat .Or how I transform my Bag into a Hat.